Gulf Shores, Alabama is one of the South’s best-kept secrets. Communities such as Gulf Shores and nearby Fort Morgan and Orange Beach, offer such a wide variety of family activities and tourist destinations that you might find yourself considering a beach house in the area and becoming a local. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you plan the big move to become a Gulf Shores local.
What to Know About a Vacation Home in Gulf Shores
Whether you choose to buy a vacation home on your own, with a partner, or with friends and family, there are a few practical things to take into account when investing in a vacation home.
· Proximity to the Beach. If you purchase a vacation home, you want to be near the ocean. Consider how easily you can access the beach without exponentially increasing flood risks.
· An Outdoor Living Area. One of the great things about a move to the south is year-round access to the outdoors. Consider a home that includes outdoor space to enjoy during your vacation.
· How to Prepare It for the Offseason. If you don’t plan to live in your rental home year-round, you may need to make plans for its care when you aren’t there.
Gulf Shores School District and Education
If you have children, their education is an important consideration when moving to a new place. You’ll be happy to learn that Gulf Shores recently formed their own city school district to improve the quality of the area’s schools. If you are moving with your children, know that they will be in a strong school district that is looking to impress. If you aren’t, know that you will be moving to an area that prioritizes education, and that lifts the entire community.
A Plethora of Local Restaurants
The Gulf Shores area has a wide variety of restaurants for every occasion, from dining with the family to just relaxing with a refreshing drink. Here are a few restaurants sure to please any palate.
· Tacky Jacks (all three communities)
· Voyagers at Perdido Beach Resort (Orange Beach)
· The Flying Harpoon (Gulf Shores and Orange Beach)
· The Hangout (Gulf Shores)
· Lucy Buffett’s LuLu’s (Gulf Shores)
· Live Bait Food and Spirits (Orange Beach)
Experience Diverse Arts and Culture
The communities of Gulf Shores offer numerous art centers and locations that showcase the creativity of local artists and musicians. Because the community includes year-long residents and snow birds alike, the cultural options are as diverse as the nation. A few of these include:
· Susan N. McCollough Gallery and Studio (Gulf Shores)
· South Baldwin Community Theatre (Gulf Shores)
· Coastal Arts Center of Orange Beach (Orange Beach)
· Gulf Coast Arts Alliance (Gulf Shores)
· Mobile Symphony Orchestra (Mobile)
Enjoy the Beaches
Of course, the main attraction in Gulf Shores is access to beaches. Whether you want to go refresh yourself with an ocean swim, go parasailing, or simply enjoy the vista, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach offer multiple choices for beach recreation.
· Gulf Shores Public Access at 12th Street (Gulf Shores)
· Little Lagoon Pass Beach (Gulf Shores)
· Cotton Bayou Beach (Orange Beach)
· Romar Beach (Orange Beach)
By checking out a few things before buying, you can guarantee that you’ll get all of the enjoyment you expect from your new home in paradise.